Follow Me

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Review: Rival Demons by Sarra Cannon



Rival Demons (Peachville High Demons, #5)
Click here to go to Amazon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Summary:


After the Order of Shadows threatens Harper, she must seek refuge and plan her next course of action. While training, she discovers that she has some hidden abilities, strengths and some shocking truths about herself. With new information gathered, she must decide the best way to face the threat of the Order.




Review:


I know I said Shadow Demons was the best book yet but this book surpassed it. Rival Demons is a story full of love, heartache, facing ones inner demons and discovery of self. This is by far the best book the author has written. The emotion was so intense and deep that it boosted Harper’s character to another level.


After feeling helpless, Harper has made the decision that she will not allow herself to feel like a victim ever again. She is dead set on fighting when the time comes. In this book, she starts training and learns more about her inner strengths than she thought possible. She becomes very isolated in this story so we get to see a lot of her inner struggles allowing us to see deeper into her heart. Personally, I have grown rather fond of Harper’s character and will be sad when this series ends.


Some readers may be a little discouraged from the story in this book because so much of it is the characters stationary while they try to plan their next move. But believe me, it is definitely worth it in the long run. When I finished the previous book, I was wondering how the author was going to bring the story together in just two more books because there seemed to be so much left to wrap up. But in this book, you see everything come together and it becomes clear how the next book will be the last.


I love the direction the story has taken with the shadow world and learning how everything started as well as what they must do to end it. We finally get to see why Harper is special and what role she will play in ending the war. This book has a great ending and now I am dying for the last book, Demons Forever, to come out.


Highly Recommend to Fans of Young Adult and Paranormal Fantasy


Favorite Quotes:


“Why did I feel so different? Maybe it was because I’d been reborn. Given a second chance at life. Or was it third or fourth at this point? Either way, I wasn’t going to let this one go to waste. I had never been so sure of my own death as I had been in the ritual room that day. I had never felt so helpless. Hopeless. And I never wanted to feel that way again.”


“What gave them the right to steal our lives and our power? What gave them the right to steal our choices?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts. Feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for reading my reviews and checking out my blog content!