Follow Me

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Review: Inner Demons by Sarra Cannon


Click here to go to Amazon

Now an official member of the Demons cheerleading squad, Harper soon learns that things are not as they seem and something may be horribly wrong.  While seeking answers, she discovers she may have put herself in a very dangerous position that she may not be able to get herself out of.
           
Inner Demons is the second book in the Peachville High Demons series and it does not let the fans of the first book down.  While the first book was more about Harper discovering the town and the local’s weird obsession with sports and cheerleading, the second book begins giving answers to the much anticipated questions.
            
Parts of this story seemed a little slower to me because the author was taking the time to build the characters we did not see much in the first book but it did not take away from the suspense.  That is one of the things I love about these books.  They are very suspenseful and easy to fly through because you are dying to see what Harper is going to learn next. I have to say, this series keeps me interested and is a nice surprise for me to have stumbled across.
            
The story was as good as the first one.  Maybe even a little better.  It is told through Harper’s point of view so we see everything she does.  Although, as I said, parts seemed a little slower, I did enjoy meeting the new characters.  I have been dying to see more of Jackson though and this story had him in it mostly in the second half.  We also get some answers about Jackson and little of his back story which was a nice treat.
            
I have to say, these stories have some pretty dark paranormal elements in them for young adult.  If you think these stories contain the typical high school drama based on the description talking about cheerleaders, then you are wrong and missing out.  Sure on the surface they are teenagers but they are going through so much more behind the curtain. Sarra Cannon has created a nicely made dark world full of magic and conspiracy. I cannot wait to see what happens next.

Recommend for fans of Young Adult and Magic





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts. Feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for reading my reviews and checking out my blog content!