Follow Me

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #4: Joyland by Stephen King




Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine. It is a weekly meme that allows bloggers to talk about what upcoming books they are most looking forward to reading.



My pick of the week is:



Title: Joyland
Author: Stephen King
Publication Date: June 4, 2013 

Synopsis:

Set in a small-town North Carolina amusement park in 1973, Joyland tells the story of the summer in which college student Devin Jones comes to work as a carny and confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child, and the ways both will change his life forever.

Why am I looking forward to it?

The cover and description just scream cult classic to me.  I'm already in love with the look and feel of it!

I am a huge fan of Stephen King so I am very excited every time a new book of his is released. What's more exciting is this book looks like a Richard Bachman (Stephen King pen name) book.  Some say Richard Bachman is "Stephen King without a conscience" making those stories darker, bloodier and more gruesome. Sounds like a horror fan's dream right? That's why I can't wait to see if he has created yet another amazing dark horror story.

What are you looking forward to?


2 comments:

  1. I would love to read this one. I love the old fashioned cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good right? I am in love with the cover too!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts. Feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for reading my reviews and checking out my blog content!