Follow Me

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Review: Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill



Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)
Click to go to Amazon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

The story of a young heiress’s initiation into the dark society of the Chicagoland Vampires continues. Ten months after vampires revealed their existence to the mortals of Chicago, they’re enjoying a celebrity status usually reserved for the Hollywood elite. But should people learn about the Raves mass feeding parties where vampires round up humans like cattle, the citizens will start sharpening their stakes. So now it’s up to the new vampire Merit to reconnect with her upper class family and act as liaison between humans and bloodsuckers, and keep the more unsavory aspects of the vampire lifestyle out of the media. But someone doesn’t want peace between them, someone with an ancient grudge.


Review:

Friday Night Bites is the second book in the Chicagoland Vampires series. I have to say that I enjoyed the characters in this story more than the first book. The characters are evolving in this story while Merit learns to really be a vampire and live in vampire society. It is not until this book that she really starts figuring herself out and how she fits into her new life. My favorite part of this book was the beginning of her transition.

Unfortunately what I did not like about this book was the excessive dialogue and strategizing. There was so much back story at the beginning that I am not sure you even have to read the first book before starting this one. Another good portion of the story is pondering the current mystery which is fine except that it became a little excessive. There is a lot of vampire politics as well.

The story itself was not great or horrible to me. What was best about this book is the ending. As I mentioned earlier, the character development is what made the story and made Merit’s character more interesting to me. I think this book was mostly setting up the next one. It sounds like Merit will be more on the streets than stuck at the Cadogan House so hopefully the next book will have more action.

I am not sure what it is about this series so far but while I do not love it, I also cannot seem to stop wanting to flip the pages. This series has me interested in which direction it will take and what will become of Merit. We still have not truly seen what she is capable of and I am interested to find out.

Recommended for fans of Urban Fantasy



Favorite Quotes:


“YOU CAN TELL A LOT BY THE SIZE OF A MAN’S LIBRARY”

“I assume you’ll need feeding soon?” “I’m a girl, not a pet.”

“My sense of humor is perfectly well developed,” he informed me when our bodies aligned again. “I merely have high standards.”

“I wanted what most people wanted- love, companionship. I wanted someone to touch. I wanted someone to touch me back. I wanted someone to laugh with, someone who would laugh with me, laugh at me. I wanted someone who looked and saw me. Not my power, not my position. I wanted someone to say my name. To call out, “Merit,” when it was time to go, or when we arrived. Someone who wanted to say to someone else, with pride, “I’m here with her. With Merit.” I wanted all those things. Indivisibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts. Feel free to leave a comment. Thanks for reading my reviews and checking out my blog content!