Title: Guardians Inc.: The Cypher
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Expected Release: July 2012
Cover reveal organized by: RABT Tours
Summary:A chance reading of a newspaper ad will send 16 year old Thomas Byrne into the world within our world.
Following the ad he will find Guardians Incorporated. A seven thousand year old organization charged with protecting the balance between Magic and technology.
Through their guidance technology has kept Magic at bay since the Renaissance, but the balance is shifting and soon all those creatures we've driven into myth and legend will come back with a vengeance.
To protect the present, Guardians Incorporated needs to know the future.
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Guardians Inc.
1. The Guardians Inc. storyline is not a trilogy, but a series of books. Five to be precise, but they might turn into six depending on how long Book Five turns out to be.
2. Before writing Book 1: The Cypher, I had already developed all story and character arcs for the whole series, and what I wanted to explore on each book. This process took about two years.
3. The Ending of the Series is already written and it is quite final.
4. Each book seeds the next books, so things, enemies and storylines will appear and reappear all over in the complete series.
5. There are allusions and "Tips o' the hat" to many books, writers and movies I admire seeded throughout the Books. From The Jungle Book to The Last Starfighte and Mythbusters. Most of them are done quite openly, even referenced by name, but some are very cryptic. Me having fun with the story.
6. Guardians Inc. relies heavily on historic figures and events. I research thoroughly before referencing a place or an event.
7. The same applies to technology, I do try to do as much research as I can before writing about technology. (although, like Thomas, theoretical physics are beyond my full understanding!)
8. One of the evil characters in Cypher: THE MAN IN THE TRENCHCOAT, got its own interactive book app for the ipad as an illustrated children's book and it’s doing quite well!
9. ALL storylines will get closure. I promise.
10. As time progresses in the story and Thomas gets older, dangers, moral dilemmas, and romantic situations will get rougher, tougher and more... romantic!
Julian has enjoyed pizza in three continents, holds a degree in graphic design, built armored vehicles and computers, handcrafted alebrijes and swears has seen at least one ghost.
He is the Co-owner of Hacienda de Vega Restaurant in San Diego, California and enjoys the sun with his wife, three children and cat.
Guardians Inc.: The Cypher is the first book in a series.